The prime objective of implementing an ERP system is to incorporate effective business process that pave path for the growth of the organization. But many companies fall short of realizing benefits sought from ERP systems. An ERP system that has not delivered the expected ROI—or which has delivered an ROI that is poorly recognized —is an ERP system does not contribute a great deal to the growth of the business.
An ERP health check might identify inefficiencies in the way that a company’s business processes have been reflected in the ERP system. It can also measure how effectively the customer is utilizing the ERP application. Incorrect implementations, inadequate attention to change management, ever-changing business requirements, and organizational changes are typical reasons why an organization might not be realizing the full benefits of their ERP platforms.
It is unforeseen how quickly these add up and lengthen the order-to-cash cycle, sapping employee productivity.
At its starkest, an ERP health check should aim to answer three questions:
- What ROI has a business’s existing ERP system delivered?
- How effective are the business’s current business processes?
- As the business grows, what are its future ERP requirements?
Exacore offers clients a four phase Health Check Services to realize the benefits sought - Initiation phase, Discovery Phase, Road Map Phase and Debrief phase. Exacore identifies the organization's challenges, typically through questionnaires, and interviews with the business process sponsors, users, and IT support staff and all other relevant stakeholders. Exacore engages the client to identify and redefine business processes that are the root cause of these challenges.
During the Health Check Services Exacore covers:
- Validation of solution design
- Best practices/design methods
- Checklist reviews for the performance parameters
- Monitoring and control mechanism on the data growth
- Tracking new feature list
- PE Checklist to follow OEM recommended features, standards, suitability and architecture
- Check performance and coding standards
- Code validation for optimization